A new year has arrived along with new goals and dreams. Regardless of current circumstances throughout the world, we indeed have the power to take control of our own lives and do what we can from where we are, right here, right now.
Born and raised in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, I feel deeply connected to nature and the amazing creatures we share this earth with. Our environment is more precious now than ever before and anyone who cares about the earth wants to protect it and help nature to flourish. In addition, modern art collectors are informed and often want to know exactly what type of material is in the products they purchase.
As for myself, I want to know what’s in items before I buy. For that reason, I want to be completely transparent about what goes into my artwork so customers can make informed purchases.
- I do my best to source matte board and backing manufactured with recycled paper as much as I can. Due to sourcing issues, this is not always possible, but I do my best to purchase recycled matting and backing ideal for framing your fine art purchase.
- The cardboard mailers I ship artwork across Canada in are also designed from recycled material, but remain sturdy enough to protect the artwork inside.
- All of my BC Art Escapes artworks are sealed in crystal clear, protective bags that are acid-free.
- I typically print my photographs on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II inkjet photo paper. The high gloss, heavier paper offers excellent quality and colour vibrancy. Additionally, every photo is dried for 24 hours before matting.
- I print BC Art Escapes photographs and art prints on an HP OfficeJet Pro printer that offers exceptional print quality. The HP ink cartridges are also developed from recycled materials for a more sustainable print option.
- Trimmings from my photo prints are upcycled into business cards and watercolour painted bookmarks. Every original bookmark is included FREE with purchase as a thank you to customers, while supplies last.
- I use Winston & Newton watercolour pens in my watercolour paintings for superior quality and vibrancy. This company was established in 1832 in London, England, and has the largest selection of colours with a solid reputation of being the best.
- I use Staedtler Triplus Fineliners dry plus pens in many of my multi-media artworks. Again, Staedtler has a huge selection of colours and the inks are acid-free.
- Golden Acrylic permanent paints and mediums are my brand of choice for acrylic paintings. Not only are they of the highest quality and lightfastness, but they come in a wide array of intense, colour-drenched selections.
We can all do our part to help protect the environment, use the best materials possible, and remain vigilant about the type of products we have inside our homes and businesses. Together, we can make a lasting impact.
I’m happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding my artwork. Please send me an email through the ‘Contact‘ page on my website or DM me on my Instagram page @tarapanrucker. And remember to create the kind of new year you want in 2022!
Tara Panrucker, Copyright 2022
All Rights Reserved.