Marketing companies charge an arm and a leg to do anything and everything for your company from promising slick websites with high SEO to making a logo that stands out. However, if you’re naturally creative and know how you want to brand your company, you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars on a marketing company that may or may not provide you with what you are looking for.
Creating your own logo offers you absolute creative control over how you want your brand to look. And you can do it for free.
Here is how you can Create Your Own Logo for Free:
- Register your company name so you have a legal business name to use in all your platforms and communications.
- Know what industry your company is categorized under. This helps select an appropriate logo, such as a coffee logo for your coffee bean company or a leaf logo for your natural skincare line.
- Decide on standard colours and style you want to portray with your company logo. Simple is better—try to avoid multiple colours as this can drive up money spent on printer ink.
- Decide on a meaningful symbol that represents your company’s values to convey to customers. For example, a tree logo can represent an environmentally conscious business, or a stack of books can represent a writer.
- Browse online for inspiration. Pinterest is an excellent source of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- Be aware that many online logo design software apps initially state they’re free, but once you attempt to save your work, they demand payment for files in a readable format. Save time and frustration by downloading the free LogoKit app on your phone. I was fortunate to come across this app in my search and am incredibly happy with the multiple options for cool logos. Here is the final product:
Designing your own logo is not easy, but it is doable. And the satisfaction of doing it yourself is priceless.
Get in touch with Tara today. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. For Canadian-made artwork, head to the ‘Shop’ page to order limited edition art prints from her new business, BC Art Escapes, and escape into beautiful.
Tara Panrucker, Copyright 2022
All Rights Reserved.