When everything you do at home begins to feel like an overwhelming chore, it may be a sign it’s time to let go and let someone else do what needs to be done.
Which leads me to this month’s monthly escape–a mental escape. Sometimes all you really need for a break is to not have to do whatever it is that needs doing. Yes, it involves some cash, but truly, certain things are priceless when it comes to saving your mental health.
Following is my list of items to hire someone else to do so you don’t have to!
- Walk your tired toes over to a walk-in spa and have someone else make your hands and feet amazing again with a relaxing manicure or pedicure or both!
- Hire a one-time cleaner with a reputable local cleaning company. Instead of spreading your cleaning chores over a few days, schedule a cleaner to do it all in a half day while you meet a neglected friend for a relaxing lunch.
- Sawing for too long trying to slice things? Hire a knife-sharpening business to come and pick up your dull knives. They will drop them off all sharp and shiny once again.
- Exhausted with all the landscape and garden responsibilities? Hire a local landscape company to mow the lawn, prune, and weed so you can give your aching back a week off.
- Why not take a month off from colouring your roots and splurge. Let the hair stylist do it while you read magazines and zone out. Better yet, grow out your grey roots and embrace your natural wisdom and never colour again!
- Feeling like your dog will never give you 5 minutes of peace? Send him or her to the doggy daycare nearby for some much needed exercise while you put your feet up and read a good book, in peace.
- Tired of coming up with something new to prepare for dinner? Order from that new restaurant online from your phone before you leave work and pick it up on your way home. Voila! Tasty dinner is ready to devour as soon as you step in the door.
- If you always seem to run out of certain items, investigate local companies that ship monthly boxes straight to your home. Instead of dragging yourself to several stores, a carefully curated monthly shipment of goodies or personal care items may save you time and mental energy.
- Have a beautiful piece of furniture sitting for months awaiting your creative refurbishing skills, only to realize you don’t have the time or energy to finish it? Hire a local handyperson to do the work for you.
I hope this list helps you see you don’t have to do it all alone. All you may need is a little help from a local professional to give you a much needed ‘Monthly Escape’ and recharge. And…. relax.
Tara Panrucker, Copyright 2021
All rights reserved.